[mythtv-users] Re: Sound Issues

Michael J. Roeder mike at easychair.net
Fri Jun 4 22:56:10 EDT 2004

Derek,
I purchased this card from http://www.new-egg.com when I built the box
last year. I couldn't remember if it was OEM or not-- I thought it may
have been! I went out to Best Buy tonight and picked up a new SBLive!
card. It had the same part number when I got it home, and after
switching the card, letting Kudzu detect it, rerunning alsaconf, I have
the same problem.

Basically, I set the card up in alsamixer, restart MythTV, go to live TV
and I get the double audio. When I revisit alsamixer, the AUX channel is
still showing MM and even if I toggle it on and off, the sound still
persists.

So, I'm convinced that the SBLive! card I have is a retail version of it
. So it is some problem with ALSA. But, xawtv does not cause this
problem-- only MythTV.

Mike