[mythtv-users] PVR 250 & VIA question

mythtv_user mythtv_user at lambdaaccess.com
Fri Jun 4 23:29:09 EDT 2004

I had a very similiar problem wih my via k-133 MB, 0.15, and the ivtv
drivers on axel's site. (see my previous posts --
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/70388?search_string=sec;#70388
)
I think I have the freezing fixed now using Chris Kennedy's latest ivtv
patch:
http://kmos.org/~ckennedy/ivtv/

applied to knoppMyth R4V4 by using these instructions:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=804&start=15
(Note: kernel source is compressed in R4V4 and needs to be uncompressed
in /usr/src before applying those instructions)

However, I am seeing some occassional ghosting now in live tv even with
DNR off.  If I exit from watching tv back to the myth menu and then go
back to live tv it seems to go away for a few hours.
Also, I get a lot of what look like mpeg artifacts now with this driver
that I didn't have when I was running 0.14 myth and an older version of
ivtv (not sure of the exact version of the older driver, but it was
whatever axel was distributing around the time 0.14 was released)