[mythtv-users] nuvexport.. Batch mode??

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Jun 5 21:15:20 EDT 2004

> Is there some way to get nuvexport to do more than 1 thing at once?  Or
> does an interface need to be written to facilitate the many-at-once mode I
> need?  (I have about 50 episodes of a show that need to be archived - and
> I do *NOT* want to transcode them one at a time, given that a 1 hour show
> takes about 2.5hrs to transcode down to VCD format..)

That's what the CLI is for...   just queue up a bunch of transcodes on
the commandline:

nuvexport blabla; nuvexport blabla; ....

Though the vcd exporter doesn't have a CLI.  Unless you really need vcd,
I'd strongly suggest that you use the svcd exporter (which does have a
cli mode):

nuvexport --mode svcd --denoise --quantisation 5.5 --chanid 1035 \
     --start 20040527015700 --outfile "Good Eats - Eat This Rock";

And no, this isn't in the documentation, and yes I know it should be
(the best I have now is a "read the code" suggestion -- I'll get to the
rest later).

-Chris