[mythtv-users] Can't cope with crowds or loud noise! PLEASE HELP

rowan crane aovi72 at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Jun 6 16:24:47 EDT 2004

Wayne thanks for your reply. Unfortunately i'm already set on mpeg-ps. I did
try mpeg-ts just to see if it was worse, and this scrambled the sound to a
greater degree and frequency.

To reiterate to anyone just coming to this one - my sound crackles for 10-20
seconds every 50-60 seconds when watching live TV or watching back recordings.
Is there any operation to do with the encoding / decoding of video that
would / could cause something like this to happen with such predictable
regularity? Could my PVR-250 be faulty? I'm thinking if it was the fault would
be intermittant... The sound is almost like a slight interference, i say this
because it causes the sound to crackle, but does not otherwise distort it...

Otherwise i'm finding this to be an amazing collection of software, and i hope
that this is something stupid (and thus easily fixed) to do with my setup...

Thanks in advance again to anyone who has any suggestions...

RC