[mythtv-users] recorded file symlink from mythweb - permissions problem

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 6 17:57:22 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm having a problem when I click on the link in the Recorded programs
page to open the nuv file. I get the following error:

You don't have permission to access
/mythweb/video_dir/6_20040605190100_20040605193500.nuv on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.47 (Linux/SuSE) Server ...

I searched the archives and came up with this thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/59454?search_string=403%20Forbidden;#59454

which describes my problem exactly but doesn't give a solution other
than to say it might be an apache/php problem. Not being familiar with
either, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to track
down this problem. I tried checking the permissions on the symlink. Is
it because the actual nuv files (which are mpeg since I have a PVR350)
are created with root.root by myth?

Michelle