[mythtv-users] MythWeb 0.15.1 Recorded Program Links

Dennis Taul drtaul at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 6 23:21:34 EDT 2004

yep, that did it.
I visited the MythTV DirectShow settings as follows:

MySQL data : Straightforward, just set the host ip address per my local
server.
File associations: Given I am running WMP v9 on XP, i changed the player
from v6 (mplayer2.exe) to wmplayer.exe and left
                           the first entry blank.
Network:   used the default backend IP/Port settings. Checked the "Always
open nuv files from mythbackend" box.
         AND edited the conf.php file:
              1. Commented out line 40 for normal http for the video_url
              2. Uncommented line 47 and since I had the mythvideo directory
mounted via samba, I used the 'file://mythbox/mythvideo'
              3. Uncommented line 53 (since I checked the box mentioned
above) to present the URL path as 'myth://ipaddr:6543'

Thanks for this piece of information. I had read the section in the MythTV
documentation but had not come across the dsmyth site.
Nice work, also nice touch with the column headers for windows explorer.

Oh yes, I didn't pick up on the mythlivetv:// link at first.... I was not
able to get that to work... tried typing mythlivetv://ipaddr:6543.
I should have mentioned earlier that I am using a PVR-250 for my
tuner/capture card.