[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA-M as a tiny frontend

Christoffer Kjølbæk christoffer at kjoelbaek.dk
Mon Jun 7 06:27:43 EDT 2004

man, 2004-06-07 kl. 11:39 skrev Per Åge Sørvik:
> And this is the clue here I think. But it might be quite a bit of
> storage, depending on if you reencode to xvid or not. Direct copies
> would mean multiple terrabytes to me, and even re-encodes with DD5.1 is
> 1.5-2GiB for a movie to get any decent quality (for watching on a 2m
> wide screen).

Hi, I hope it is ok, to ask a question in this thread.

I have seen a lot of threads, where people are taking about using a VIA
as frontend. Does that mean, that you have all the files on the backend,
og the entire MythTV backand?

I have plans about running everything on a VIA 1GHz, isn't that power
enough?

regards
Christoffer

--