[mythtv-users] Re: can't compile lirc w/ fedora core 2

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jun 7 08:49:09 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 02:02:25PM +0200, Franco wrote:
> >> I always get some "internal compiler error"
> > Hm, this looks more like your machine having hardware
> > problems. doesn't the ICE idnicate a non-reproducable error probably
> > due to hardware problems?
>
> Ehmm.. yes. It says "..probably due to hardware or OS problems".
> I assumed it was OS (FC2) fault. I was previously able to compile
> the kernel, on the same machine, with FC2-test2.

If the build breaks at random places, e.g. if you make clean, rerun
make you see an ICE somewhere else, it is a strong indication of a
hardware problem. Perhaps it is hotter now in Italy than it was at
FC2t2 times? :)

You could also use rpm -V on key components as gcc, glibc, binutils
etc., to see if the OS parts are still OK.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net