[mythtv-users] Re: can't compile lirc w/ fedora core 2

Franco net.surfer at tiscalinet.it
Mon Jun 7 10:31:52 EDT 2004

> If the build breaks at random places, e.g. if you make clean, rerun
> make you see an ICE somewhere else, it is a strong indication of a
> hardware problem.

Hmmm... I hadn't tried this, but if I start again the compilation,
it often compiles some more files (including the one which had
interrupted the compilation in the previous attempt) before
interrupting again.

> Perhaps it is hotter now in Italy than it was at FC2t2 times? :)

:-) The CPU temperature sensor measures about 47 celsius degrees,
while it was between 37 and 42 at FC2t2 times... could this
be significant?  I can blow the fans at full-peed, as well as
underclock CPU, RAM, etc (underclocking was my intention since the
beginning....)

> You could also use rpm -V on key components as gcc, glibc, binutils
> etc., to see if the OS parts are still OK.

OK! I'll try it this evening!

Thanks,
Franco