[mythtv-users] channelchange setup question (serial)

Clint Gilders techservices at onlinehobbyist.com
Mon Jun 7 12:21:09 EDT 2004

Buechler, Mark R wrote:
> Should work.. look at the output from mythbackend to determine what's going
> on.

I had a problem like this and saw these errors:

Channel: '0' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(1 S-Video 0 )
in setup is wrong
2004-06-01 21:19:07 CheckChannel failed. Please verify channel "" in the
"setup" Channel Editor.

In your setup for the specific source, right under where you put the
path to you channel change script I had to set the 2 values to valid
channels before my changechannel.sh would work form myth.   I'm not in
front of my PVR right now so I can't tell you exactly what the fields
are but they have seomthing to do with the initial channel to tune to.

--
Clint Gilders <techservices at onlinehobbyist.com>
Director of Technology Services