[mythtv-users] Diskless EPIA w/PVR-350 (was: Problems with the VIA KM400 chipset)

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jun 8 00:26:26 EDT 2004

On Jun 7, 2004, at 15:26, Kevin Barsby wrote:

> Hi Jarod,

Hi Kevin!

>> And now I've more or less got it. A few minor issues I still have to
>> work out, but I'm running a diskless EPIA M10000 system feeding video
>> out a PVR-350, finally got around to trying the ivtvdev X driver (big
>> improvement for mplayer when using -vo x11 and stability seems better
>> so far).
>
> Cool!

I thought so too. =)

> A general question about why that config with that hardware. I have an
> EPIA M10000 with a PVR-350 as a Myth box, and chose the following:
> TV out - EPIA S-video, DVD - Viaexp
>
> The reasons:
> - Addicted to Goom

Not a clue what Goom is (a game, I presume?).

> - DVD menus

I never watch DVDs on this TV, I only do that downstairs on my HDTV,
and even then, I use a stand-alone DVD player.

> The problems:
> - Discolouration on TV, seems to occur after bright spots on the
> picture

Huh. Haven't seen that happen here... What ivtv driver setup are you
using?

> - Can't get Digital sound out of Viaexp

Haven't ever tried viaexp...

> The questions:
> - How have you found the TV-out on the PVR-350 with mplayer?

It works quite well for viewing my dvd rips done with either xvid or
ffmpeg mpeg4 in avi containers (plays back without any frames dropped),
doesn't do so well on other stuff (looks like 15-20 fps instead of 24).

> - What are the Mythmusic visualisations like?

Good question. Haven't tried that just yet...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...