[mythtv-users] Missing database tables in 0.15

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Tue Jun 8 14:30:01 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 01:58:39PM -0400, Andy Barber wrote:
> In mythsetup, I was able to sucessfully establish the connection to
> zap2it to get my cable setup from them.  However, when I try to run
> mythfilldatabase, I get tons of mysql errors.  They are all related to
> trying to insert into missing tables such as dd_channel,
> dd_production_crew, etc.  How is the database supposed to be upgraded to
> have these new tables?  Where might I find a description of all these
> dd_ tables so that I might create them manually?

Those are temporary tables that are only created as needed.  It's easier
to set the permissions correctly on the mythconverg DB:

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.4

On my debian backend, I also had to run the mysql_fix_privilege_tables
script, which is included in the mysql package.