[mythtv-users] MythTV - Complete How-TO build on Fedora Core 2 docs

Tom Jones ou812 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 8 22:12:10 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 03:09, knight at pogmech.net wrote:
> Greets all,
>
>   I hope someone finds these docs useful.  Due to the size of the text doc (~40k), I'm posting a link where you can view or d/l it.  If the size of the doc is acceptable, I can post it up here for archiving/list searchable.
>
> One main issues not covered in doc yet (any help here would be great!):
>  - Getting the /etc/modprobe.conf file to load the mythtv settings correctly
>

> MythTV How-To build for Fedora Core 2:
>    http://www.pogmech.net/~ral/mythtv/mythtv-fc2-build.txt
>

> Be gentle- I'm running this doc off an old Omnibook 800c laptop, being used as a 24/7 server. So it may be a bit slow. :)  Also NOTE that these docs are far from complete and need lots of polishing to be a easier to read through.  I'm working on that now.  Feedback/corrections/suggestions are welcome!
>

> Here's the contents table:
>
> 0- My hardware profile
>      The guts, the glory
> 1- Fedora Core 2 Installation
>    1a. Packages to install
>    1b. Partitioning scheme
>    1c. Post Installation
>    1d. Up2date
> 2- Kernel 2.6.6 Compile
> 3- Nvidia Driver Install
> 4- Sound: ALSA support
> 5- MPlayer build
> 6- IvTV install
> 7- LIRC Install
> 8- MySQL & MySQL QT install (MySQL-QT needed by MythTV)
> 9- XMLTV Install
> 10- Register at Zap2it Labs (for TV listings)
> 11- MythTV Install (CVS from 05/21/04)
>

> Theres a few subsections but didn't polish it up enough yet to add them.
>

> Thanks to all that i've talked with off-list to help troubleshoot and get this thing built!
>  -Rod

Great docs, but I am having a problem.  I have gone through these docs
through ivtv install more than a half a dozen times and realized I was
using a cp
/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/configs/kernel-2.6.5-i686-smp.config which I
should have used cp
/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/configs/kernel-2.6.5-i686.config.  Well after
relizing that I got through the IVTV install along with a good test.
Well something else went wrong and I needed to restart and I am unable
to get the msp3400, saa7115, ivtv and tveeprom to load.  I am assuming
that these are not being installed in the prober location.  which is
/lib/modules/2.6.6-MythTV/extra. Is this correct?  what could I have
done wrong.

Thank you