[mythtv-users] IR transmitter and receiver

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Jun 8 22:54:32 EDT 2004

I'm building a second front-end in the basement and need to have an IR
receiver for it, but I am anticipating using a generic V4L capture card
(no tuner) connected to my VCR to act as a secondary backend.  If this
works, I'm going to need an IRblaster type device to send signals to the
VCR to tune to a particular channel.

My main system is using a Streamzap USB IR receiver and I saw in the
MythTV docs that the Actisys transmitter is recommended for this task.
But has anyone purchased an off-the-shelf transmitter and receiver combo
that works with Linux?  I imagine I could save a little cash by getting
one of those rather than buying one of each.   I know that building my
own would save tons of cash but I do not wish to proceed down that road
and would much rather purchase something pre-built.

Thanks,

Kevin