[mythtv-users] digital cable box - changing channles

Andy Long aslong at uark.edu
Wed Jun 9 01:46:32 EDT 2004

Can someone explain to me how I would set this up?  I have a digital cable
box (I don't believe it's one of the motorola ones that I can use a serial
cable on) and a PVR-250.  I am trying to understand how I can use the remote
to change the cable box.  Will I have 2 IR things setup?  One to receive the
signal from my Hauppage (or 3rd party) remote, and another to send a signal
to the cable box telling it to change channels?

Something like this?

Remote --->IR Receiver --->PC---->IR Blaster ---> Dig.Cable Box

Anyone have any photos of such a setup they could post?

Thanks.