[mythtv-users] TwinView

Örn Hansen orn.hansen at swipnet.se
Wed Jun 9 10:07:00 EDT 2004

  Someone asked, for a working TwinView setup.   Here is a copy of the
relevant settings in my XF86Config file, for my NVidia card (Asus ti4200).
The file includes a working TwinView setup, which is currently commented out
"#", as I use a dual setup (Flat Panel as :0.0 + TV as :0.1), to use the
TwinView just uncomment them and remove the "Screen 1" setup in ServerLayout,
as well as change the Clone option there.

Section "Device"
  BoardName    "GeForce4 Ti 4200"
  BusID        "1:0:0"
  Driver       "nvidia"
  Identifier   "Device[1]"
  Option        "TVStandard" "PAL-B"
  Option        "ConnectedMonitor" "tv"
  Option        "TVOutputFormat" "SVIDEO"
  Option        "TVOverScan" "0.3"
  Screen       1
EndSection

Section "Device"
  BoardName    "GeForce4 Ti 4200"
  BusID        "1:0:0"
  Driver       "nvidia"
  Identifier   "Device[0]"
#  Option       "TwinView"
#  Option       "MetaModes" "1280x1024"
  Option       "ConnectedMonitor" "crt"
#  Option       "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-60"
#  Option       "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
#  Option       "TVStandard" "PAL-B"
#  Option       "TVOutputFormat" "SVIDEO"
#  Option       "TVOverScan" "0.3"
#  Option       "TwinViewOrientation" "clone"
  Option       "UseEditFreqs" "true"
  Option       "NvAGP" "3"
  Screen       0
  Option       "Rotate" "off"
  VendorName   "NVidia"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier   "Layout[all]"
  InputDevice  "Keyboard[0]" "CoreKeyboard"
  InputDevice  "Mouse[2]" "CorePointer"
  InputDevice  "Mouse[1]" "AlwaysCore"
  Option       "Clone" "off"
  Option       "Xinerama" "off"
  Screen       0 "Screen[0]"
  Screen       1 "Screen[1]" RightOf "Screen[0]"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
    Group      "video"
    Mode       0660