[mythtv-users] Ratpoison overscan

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Jun 9 11:32:30 EDT 2004

	That's a fair enough question, I guess.  The basic reason is that I
need to have an xterm available, and visible from the TV.  My convoluted TV-out
video setup *requires* a custom X modeline to output to the TV, so just
switching to the console won't work.  If it weren't for that, I wouldn't really
need one at all.

	It's one-man band, too... no network, no VGA monitor, etc.  I can't
tweak with anything or copy off videos that I record without using the TV as
the monitor.  With my video output setup, however, the quality is definately
good enough to read standard 640x480 text screen.

-Cory

 On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Grant Edwards wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:24:05AM -0400, papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu wrote:
>
> > It runs bare X with ratpoison to reduce the overhead of
> > GDM/KDM and all that unnecessary jazz.  If I could figure out
> > this ratpoison thing, things would be good!
>
> Maybe I'm just being dim, but why do you even need a windows
> manager?
>
> My myth box works fine without one.

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*