[mythtv-users] digital cable box - changing channles

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 12:52:08 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 01:46, Andy Long wrote:
> Can someone explain to me how I would set this up?  I have a digital
> cable box (I don't believe it's one of the motorola ones that I can
> use a serial cable on) and a PVR-250.  I am trying to understand how
> I can use the remote to change the cable box.  Will I have 2 IR
> things setup?  One to receive the signal from my Hauppage (or 3rd
> party) remote, and another to send a signal to the cable box telling
> it to change channels?
>
> Something like this?
>
> Remote --->IR Receiver --->PC---->IR Blaster ---> Dig.Cable Box

Yes, exactly.

A detailed blowup of the "PC" segment of your diagram would look like:

(from IR receiver) --> lircd --> mythfrontend --(over network)-->
mythbackend --> <channel-change script w/interface to LIRC> --> IR
Blaster

> Anyone have any photos of such a setup they could post?

Not me, sorry.  I have regular analog cable; no need for an IR Blaster

-JAC