[mythtv-users] digital cable box - changing channles

jds jds-myth at losdos.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 9 14:29:28 EDT 2004

are you trying to implement (1) a solution for unattended changing
of channels prior to recording, OR (2) the ability to surf through
channels while in "live TV" mode?

if the former (i.e. item 1), below is a write-up which will help.

for your situation, your will need to obtain or construct a LIRC
config file for the cable box you are trying to control.  use that
file in place of the /etc/ledxmitd.conf used in my writeup...

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html
or mirror
http://www.mmdsi.com/mythtv/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

if you are trying to have your cable box follow along as you surf
live tv, that may be a bit more complicated.  you will be able to
use some of the info in my writeup but ultimately you have to connect
the rec'd LIRC events to IR-emitted channel change keycodes.

jds