[mythtv-users] Recording setting for: Record during weekdays this timeslot

apt22 at drexel.edu apt22 at drexel.edu
Wed Jun 9 19:58:29 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Wednesday 09 June 2004 09:44 am, Bill Chmura wrote:
>

>>Would something like this be useful to people other than myself...
>>
>>The though it that a lot of shows (at least in the US) follow a M-F
>>schedule, but then changes on the weekends.
>>
>>This would eliminate the need to have five settings to get a show thats on
>>at 5pm every weekday...
>>

>Huh?  Why do you need 5 settings for that?
>
>Isaac

This seems like a trivial problem.  The way MythTV works (and has since
at least 0.9) you can create a "job" to record a show, at a specific
time, on a specific channel everyday.  If you take this approach to
shows that air following the same pattern as your example(M-T-W-R-F),
then it will record that show everyday Monday thru Friday and it will
not record anything on Saturday and Sunday.  Play around with the
different options a little and you will become more familiar.

I hope this helps.  Sorry if I interpretted your problem incorrectly.

drew