[mythtv-users] Multiple capture cards, single video source, and scheduling

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Thu Jun 10 06:24:11 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 07:26:21PM +0000, Mikhail D'Vane wrote:
[snip]
> Unfortunately, it seems that MythTV is not very smart when
> this condition occurs.  Even though a second card is sitting idle,
> MythTV very often wants to "steal" the card that's currently
> encoding live tv in order to record a program.  It's quite annoying,
> especially since I added a second card explicitly to get around this
> issue.

I know this does not answer your question with regards to scheduling,
but whenever I watch live TV, the first thing that I do is switch
capture cards (with the `y' key).  I don't do that to get around the
scheduling issue, but because my first capture card is a bt878, while my
second is a pvr250.  Still, it would seem like an effective workaround
for your issue until someone comes up with a better solution.