[mythtv-users] Gapless audio playback?

Stonethrunk stonethrunk at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 09:03:55 EDT 2004

I have about 1200 CDs worth of lossless audio on a
server at my home, a 480 GB RAID5.  This machine is
located in my garage, and I plan on networking it to
an Xbox/Linux configuration running MythTV next to my
stereo in my living room.  My question is: does MythTV
support continuous gapless playback?  I have a lot of
DJ mixes (no comments on that, please) where tracks
run continuously over track boundaries.  It's
important to me that playback remains gapless,
otherwise it ruins the listening experience - so I'm
hoping that MythTV will keep the music as it was
intended.  Could someone confirm whether or not the
music plays gaplessly?

Many thanks,