[mythtv-users] Gapless audio playback?

coume at mythtvtalk.com coume at mythtvtalk.com
Thu Jun 10 09:16:26 EDT 2004

Quoting Stonethrunk <stonethrunk at yahoo.com>:
> I have about 1200 CDs worth of lossless audio on a
> server at my home, a 480 GB RAID5.  This machine is
> located in my garage, and I plan on networking it to
> an Xbox/Linux configuration running MythTV next to my
> stereo in my living room.  My question is: does MythTV
> support continuous gapless playback?  I have a lot of
> DJ mixes (no comments on that, please) where tracks
> run continuously over track boundaries.  It's
> important to me that playback remains gapless,
> otherwise it ruins the listening experience - so I'm
> hoping that MythTV will keep the music as it was
> intended.  Could someone confirm whether or not the
> music plays gaplessly?
>
> Many thanks,

Hi,

when I was using 0.14 I did experience some problems with around 80Gb of MP3.
I was always having a gap between songs, annoying for DJ mixes ;)

But since I upgraded to 0.15, those problems are gone...
So I would say, yes it plays without gap from version 0.15, but I never tried
with 480Gb of MP3s! so...

HTH
Ludo
--