[mythtv-users] Recording LED almost working.

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 17:33:48 EDT 2004

> Through the magic of a soldering iron and some bits from
> Maplins, I've
> got a parallel port powered LED.
>
> Using a script to fuser the video device (found on this here mailing
> list, thankyou) I can tell when Myth is using the TV card.
>
> Using a simple C program off the web, I can sent 0/1 to my
> LED and turn
> it off/on, when it's connected to my desktop PC.

I would be interested in taking a look at your scripts. A recording
indicator would be a nice touch. I do coding on my myth box and sometime
will forget and reboot it while its recording so a visual reminder would be
nice. I see no reason to have to use two scripts so I expect I will recode
it into one script for simplicity sake. You are welcome to a copy once its
working. Perhaps that will fix your issue too. Please contact me at

wmunson at rochester . rr . com

Sounds like an interesting little project. I already have all the parts so
its going to be a zero cost project. My favorite kind :)

Bill