[mythtv-users] Re: Improving WAF -- Poweroff Through The Remote

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Thu Jun 10 18:01:16 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:45:13 -0700 (MST)
Eric Thelin <eric at generation-i.com> wrote:

> I would love to see more info on how to configure the power button to
> shut down properly.  I know of embedded distros like minimyth that can
> do it but not for full distros.  Where can I find tools that will let
> me work with the power button?

I have my FC1 full distro system doing exactly that. When the Power
button is pressed, it runs /sbin/shutdown -h now. When the Power button
is held down, the machine is turned off.

What allowed me to configure that is acpi. If you look at
/etc/acpi/events, you might find a text file called power. The content
of it is:

event=button/power PWR.
action=/sbin/poweroff

--