[mythtv-users] Re: Sound problems (KnoppMyth)

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Fri Jun 11 01:38:04 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004  Phill Wiggin <wigginp at mantech-wva.com> wrote:

> Clyde,
>
> ~    I just ripped out a couple of old K7S5A (ECS) boards and am
> replacing them.  My PVR gets the SATA-enabled DFI KM400-MLV.  I'm
> having problems with the onboard sound.  I get _no_ sound out of the
> back ports, but can get sound if I connect the front-panel jacks. I
> wouldn't worry about this, since this is just a back-end system, but
> since my second encoder is bttv-based (Leadtek WinTV2000 Deluxe) I
> have to have a line-in available.  Does your friends' onboard sound
> work?  If so, did you have to do anything special to make it work?

If I understand you correctly, you experience perhaps the same problem
that myself (with K7S5A) with any kernel tried higher than 2.4.20. I
reported the problem on debian-knoppix but nobody took any interest in
it.

On 21 Jan 2004  jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:

> My computer returned from the service with the mainboard replaced. In
> principle this is still ECS K7S5A, but seems to have a different sound
> chip.
>
> The result is that with Knoppix of 2003-11-19-EN I have sound from
> xmms and xine, but there is no sound fom xawtv; actually I hear a kind
> of white noise.
>
> My HD installation - Woody with the kernel upgraded to 2.4.20 -
> behaves in an opposite way: I have sound from xawtv, but no sound from
> xmms and xine.

Regards

Janusz

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)