[mythtv-users] PVR-250: no sound during live tv or playing recordings. Sound in recorded stream

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Fri Jun 11 10:48:08 EDT 2004

Jurgen Kramer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Still have some problems with my PVR-250 setup. When watching live TV or
>playing a record TV stream a don't get any sound. When
>playing back the recording by hand with mplayer I get sound. So sound is
>actually being recorded. Also with
>'cat /dev/video0 | mplayer -' I get sound.
>
>What setting did I miss? (I've switched TV cards recently).
>
>Jurgen

I'm having similar problems... what is the appropriate entry for the
sound device in mythtv if one has a PVR card that supports sound through
the video device (ie PVR250)? It occurs to me that the default of
/dev/dsp0 in myth-setup may in fact cause a conflict if dsp0 is actually
the sound card for playback?

Tim