[mythtv-users] OT: Best way to migrate to new hard drive?

thomas at thusemann.dyndns.org thomas at thusemann.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 11 11:38:46 EDT 2004

Hi,

attach your new disk to a free port, boot from cd, mount your volumes to
/oldroot (lvm is supported on most distis). Make a filesystem on your new
disk.Mount it to /newroot. cd /oldroot; find ./ -xdev | cpio -pmd
/newroot; chroot /newroot /bin/bash install grub or lilo to the new disk.
Edit grub.conf and fstab... now you 're done.

Thomas