[mythtv-users] Cheap PVR350 Card?

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 11 14:58:37 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:31:25PM +0200, Asciimonster wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
> >On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 05:52:48PM +0100, Stephen Tait wrote:
> >>IIRC, the built-in MPEG2 decoder in the PVR-350 is only used if you use
> >>the TV-out on the 350 to display X.
> >>
> > You _can_ use the PVR-350's frame buffer
> >interface to display X
> >
> Yes, you can, but this is generally very buggy.

The only problem I've encountered is that when you log out and the login
prompt comes back up, it's usually off-center.  Pressing Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
fixes that.

(The PVR350 framebuffer is also still a bit on the slow side for playing
non-MPEG-2 video.  It's watchable, but it drops quite a few frames.)

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter