[mythtv-users] Re: Performance problem with PVR350

Matthias Meyer Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li
Sat Jun 12 16:12:38 EDT 2004

Am Montag, 7. Juni 2004 23:48 schrieb Matthias Meyer:
> Hello
>
> I have MythTV 0.15, running debian 3.0 by PIII 600MHz with 256MB RAM
> I can watch TV but unfortunately there are a lot of frame drops. The CPU
> stated 80-90%
> Is it possible to tune it?
>
> And, during watching TV it continuously reduced the free space on / until
> the screen stop.
> Where I can limit the usable disk space? Where I can define which partion
> MythTV should use for that?

Thanks,

Now I have configured /etc/modules.conf

 alias char-major-81	videodev
 alias char-major=81-0	ivtv
 options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 ivtv_pal=1 tuner=5
 options tuner debug=0 type=5 pal=1
 options msp3400 debug=0 once=1 simple=1
 add below msp3400 tuner
 add below saa7115 msp3400
 add below ivtv saa7115
 options saa7127 debug=0 enable_output=1 output_select=0 pal=1
 add above ivtv ivtv-fb
 add below ivtv saa7127

and in mythfrontend, configuration, TV setup, Playback I have convigure to
use PVR-350 MPEG Decoder (TV out) on /dev/video16.

Unfortunately without success. After a reboot I have only a black screen if
I try to watch TV in MythTV.
--
no panic