[mythtv-users] Re: Performance problem with PVR350

anders smith anders at smiths.dk
Sat Jun 12 17:04:27 EDT 2004

I might quite likely be wrong, but you are loading the ivtv-fb driver
for output through the pvr350 so I'd assume you need to put the tv on
that card... I've heard you might have some problems with X.
What does your XFConfig look like (you need to tell X to use the card)?

  I found this on the list and thought it might help....::::::

>>> Are you using the 350's framebuffer device for X, or are you
>>> using the XFree86 driver for the 350?  Rumor seems to indicate
>>> that the latter works better (faster and more stable). It's
>>> what I do (with an SVGA/NTSC monitor), and I can send you a
>>> copy of my XF86Config if you want.
>>
>> I'm following Jarod's guide exactly, so I'm gathering that I'm
>> using the XFree86 driver. (I think) and yes, please send me a
>> copy of your SF86Config. I can use all the information I can
>> get :)
>
> Attached is my XF86Config-4 device.  Note, I'm Debian, so I may
> have a different version of XF86. The section that specifies
> the driver for the 350 is shown below:
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "PVR-350"
>         Driver          "ivtvdev"