[mythtv-users] PVR350 and ivtvdev

Matthias Meyer Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li
Sun Jun 13 08:06:44 EDT 2004

Hello,

I use PVR350 with success on my PIII 600 under Debian 3.0.
I have configured my XF86Config-4 so that I can use the Hardware-Decoder of
the PVR.

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier  "PAL Monitor"
	HorizSync  30-68
	VertRefresh 50-120
    # D: 41.475 MHz, H: 44.693 kHz, V: 74.488 Hz
	Mode "720x576"
		DotClock 41.476
		HTimings 720 752 840 928
		VTimings 576 580 584 600
		Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
	EndMode
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
	Driver	"ivtvdev"
	Option	"fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
	BusID	"PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier  "TV Screen"
	Device      "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
	Monitor     "PAL Monitor"
	DefaultDepth 24
	DefaultFbbpp 32
	Subsection "Display"
		Depth 24
		FbBpp 32
		Modes	"720x576"
	EndSubsection
EndSection

But since that the X resolution do not fit the TV Monitor. At all four sides
are parts of display which are not be seen on the screen.
It seems X play a resolution of 800x600 but the driver scale 720x576 to the
display so I can not see 80 pixel in high and 24 pixel in width.
--
no panic