[mythtv-users] seeking danish users of mythtv

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Sun Jun 13 12:36:49 EDT 2004

I was contemplating an article for Alt Om Data, but someone beat me to
it. Oh well....

My machine specs:

Medion Titanium MD8008 (the first of ALDI's silent and pretty MPCs)

It has:
* TV/Radio card : SAA7134 based (Medion7134 - card 12 in the saa7134
card list)
* Integrated sound (intel8x0)
* DVD reader
* CD-R/RW writer
* Too little memory :) - I need to upgrade those 256 MB soon.

After upgrading to SuSE 9.1 I actually get stereo sound on recordings
with this setup.
I have a few issues with channel changes that sometimes gives me static,
but I'm close to a resolution via the video4linux list.

Current module parameters:

options tuner pal=b debug=1
options tda9887 debug=2 qss=1 port2=0
options saa7134 card=12 oss=1 dsp_nr=1 mixer_nr=1 audio_debug=2
oss_debug=1 oss_rate=32000

Oh, the tda9887 parameters requires a video4list snapshot from
linux.bytesex.org. And remember to remove the old modules (except
videodev.ko)

You can probably cut down of the debugging :)

Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>