[mythtv-users] Time problems with TV.

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sun Jun 13 21:50:49 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 01:08:04PM +0200, Martin Saldert wrote:
> Live tv is behind.
> I have searched and found out that it should be about 2 seconds behind.
> But i might start on 2 seconds then it gets worse. After 5 minutes of
> watching im a minute behind.
> I have a Nova-T DVB card and a old Geforce 256. And a 600Mhz CPU.
> Mabey i need to upgrade to be more on time?

I've noticed something like this here, but I'm not sure it's the same.

If I'm watching a recording while it's still recording, and I'm right up
to the end (~2 seconds behind according the OSD), I gradually get
further behind. After a few minutes I might be 10-20 seconds behind.

However, if I hit forward, I don't actually move any further forward -
the OSD now says I'm ~2 seconds behind, but the video is unchanged.
It appears that I wasn't really behind, but the timer thought I was.

I have DVB-T too (a pair of them), but 2600+ CPU and GF4MX440, so I
don't think it's that.

Hamish