[mythtv-users] Zap2It needs our help

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Jun 14 02:01:58 EDT 2004

On Jun 13, 2004, at 22:08, Chris Petersen wrote:

>> It's in the General setup in the frontend, fourth (last) page.  Check
>> the "Automatically run mythfilldatabase", and then fill in the
>> settings
>> that appear...
>
> ahh, sweet, thanks.  Would have thought it would be under "TV".
>
> so all things considered, wouldn't it be best to set the default times
> to 1 -> 24?  So it runs randomly at some point during the day?  (could
> add code to the random such that it would never run less than 12 hours
> apart, etc)

I had that same thought, but also the same concern -- I wasn't sure if
there was a possibility it'd run at 23:59, then again at 00:01 or
something, so I just went with a 3-hour window in the afternoon, since
from zap2it's chart, it doesn't look like much of anybody is hitting
them at that time. I like your idea though, and I think you could take
it one step further, and remove the choice to select the time period,
just make everyone's system fetch data randomly each day, but at least
12 hours apart from the adjacent days' fetches.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...