[mythtv-users] PVR-350 tv out scart question

David myth at dgreaves.com
Mon Jun 14 09:39:50 EDT 2004

Stephen Longhurst wrote:

>>>I can play recordings and watch TV through myth using the PVR-350
>>>output no problems.  The sound from the mpeg stream goes through the
>>>scart socket to the TV like it should.  What I thought was that if I
>>>plugged this trailing 3.5mm lead into the soundcard output, I'd also
>>>get audio when I played movies with mplayer (mythvideo), which use the
>>>framebuffer.
>>>

>>I imagine this is exactly the sort of thing it's intended for - have you
>>tried it? Since the fb is designed only to take care of what's going on on
>>the PVR-350, you're prolly meant to chuck it into the line-out on your
>>soundcard.
>>

>Yes, I tried it, but I don't get any audio on the TV. What I did was
>plug some cheap speakers into the line out of my sound card, then
>player a video using mplayer on the ivtv framebuffer display. I get
>video but no audio on the TV (as expected) and the audio on the
>speakers. I then swapped the speaker plug for the trailing 3.5mm plug
>on the pvr-350 scart lead, but still nothing comes through the TV.
>
>Cheers,

I spent *ages* trying to figure this out.

I'm pretty sure it's not connected to anything. Could be a manufacturing
fault on some - I don't know.

It would have been *very* useful as a line-out (as you say, plug it into
the soundcard line-in and voila) instead I had to buy a scart
pass-through with an audio extractor (and don't get a cheap one if you
want it to pass s-video)

David
PS Have you got a multimeter? If so just do a continuity test to the
scart and the proprietary plugs to prove it to yourself.

PPS if anyone finds out then maybe add it to:
http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/HardWare/VideoCaptureCards/PvR350/HintsAndTips