[mythtv-users] Anyone using the ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 10:46:49 EDT 2004

Other than the fact you might have problems installing due to the nature of
the proprietary chipset and LAN (nForce2), it seems OK. I considered buying
an nForce2 since it's a damned good chipset (which by all accounts works
well in Linux once you've got the drivers in), but couldn't find any decent
mATX mobos which used it, so I plumped for a KM400 instead. I'm not very
knowledgable in any distros other than Gentoo (which allows you to install
these things at install time), but I imagine the nForce drivers are fairly
well supported in any modern distro by now.

If you have the cash, I'd get 2 PVR-250's or stock up on digital cards if
that's an option in your area.

(OT) What I did like from the system spec:

UltraDMA 133 cable
UltraDMA 133/100/66 cable

Can't they just say 2 UDMA 133 cables?

Sigh. And people still get away with charging more for ATA 133 cables as
opposed to 133, and more for USB2 cables over USB1.1.</rant>