[mythtv-users] Wishlist

Chris Jensen ml-myth at drspirograph.com
Mon Jun 14 22:55:15 EDT 2004

Hi,
Just upgraded Myth to the latest release in Gentoo portage (.14) really liking
it - thankyou so much for fixing the 2second pause on the music problem.
I've hunted around for a wish/todo list, but couldn't find one, so appologies
of I've duplicated some things that have already been requested. But here's
some features that would be great if Myth supported them:

- I'd like to have the option for MythVideo and Music to use the filesystem
rather than the database. In our house, we have 4 peoples computers all with
videos and mp3's on the, but none of which are switched on permanently. It'd
be nice if I could setup automount to simply mount shares from those
machines, so when they are switched on, you can simply browse on in, and have
a look at whats new in there.

- Tied in with this, would also be being able to browse into an automounted
CD/DVD to easily playback DivX CD's. Alternatively, could this be a 3rd
option along with Play DVD and Play VCD - mount a data cd and play the data
files

- Could MythMusic get a Jukebox like feature? We'd like to use it for party's
and it would be nice if people could just browse the list, and enqueue
something they like when they find it, rather than causing whats already
playing to stop.

- Also, there are a lot of times when I have to exit myth music when I'd like
the music to keep playing
eg Changing Settings, Viewing a Slide Show, Viewing the Weather, the news,
even when playing games etc
And although I haven't got a TV caputre card, I dare say that when I do,
there'll be times when I'll want the audio from the tv to keep playing when I
do a lot of these things.
So it'd be nice if modules that produce audio could be allowed to continue to
run in the background at certain times.

Keep the good stuff coming, i've been bitching a lot, but it is a really good
platform and I hope it continues to develop

--
Chris Jensen