[mythtv-users] PVR-350 tv out scart question

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Tue Jun 15 02:53:23 EDT 2004

Franco wrote:

>I have a PAL PVR-350 too and I, too, am wondering
>how that SCART cable is meant to be used.

Most PAL TV's have a scart connector nowadays (it looks like a row of
holes in the back of your PC). Before the scart cable came along, the
video recorder signal had to be mixed into the antenna signal, which
always gave some interference problems.

>I notice that cable is connected to a port labeled A/V OUT
>(or something similar, I don't have it by hand now),
>so I expect it to be an output of some sort, though I didn't
>make any experiment with it....

In the windblows drivers, the A/V Out port is always activated. But the
name A/V Out is a bit misleading; it actually the output of the on-board
mpeg-decoder. So connect the cable, set your TV to AV1 (or AV2) and look
at the nice pictures! Under Linux, you will have to install the ivtv-fb
driver (please find some howto's, it's tricky installing). Next, you can
switch MythTV to that driver (Settings->TV Options, 3rd or 4th page).

I can tell you: It rocks!