[mythtv-users] How to fix the Dutch Language problem

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Tue Jun 15 07:56:37 EDT 2004

Asciimonster wrote:

> Since the 0.15 version mythtv has problems retrieving recorded programme
> info due to a database problem. It is trying to issue a database command
> with the string 'Alle Programma's' (All Programs) where the apostrophy
> before the s is the obvious problem. This was not fixed in the 0.15.1
> version, so I'll have to fix it myself.
>
> I have to say I'm absolute zero at this database stuff and I've been
> banging my head for some weeks now. Could somebody help me out?
>
> Asciimonster

Search in source all code that use table recorded or recordpassword with
UPDATE or INSERT INTO.
then replace .arg(recgroup) by .arg(recgroup.replace(QRegExp("'"),"\'")
like this one :

QString querystr = QString("UPDATE recorded SET recgroup = '%1', "
                             "starttime = '%2' WHERE chanid = '%3' AND "
                        "starttime = '%4';").arg(newrecgroup).arg(starts)
                         .arg(chanid).arg(starts);

by

QString querystr = QString("UPDATE recorded SET recgroup = '%1', "
                  "starttime = '%2' WHERE chanid = '%3' AND "
                  "starttime = '%4';")
                  .arg(newrecgroup.replace(QRegExp("'"),"\'")
                  .arg(starts)
                  .arg(chanid).arg(starts);

Then compile and try, if it's work, please send a patch

Xavier