[mythtv-users] Recording LED almost working.

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 16 02:31:22 EDT 2004

> Well, my blinking lights were unrelated to myth and I wanted eight of
> them, so the parallel port was the natural answer.  I noticed that as
> long as I was actively toggling the STROBE line on the parallel port
> then all of the DATA lines reflected the value that I was trying to
> set them to, but only for a very small time.

Hmm, that is what the strobe line was intended for.. You can put an
extra latch behind the data lines and use the strobe line to latch the
data. This is the way a parallel printer captures the data also.
However it is still strange that the data isn't kept on the standard
D0-D7 lines of your parallel port.

Gert