[mythtv-users] Zap2It needs our help

Jason Keirstead mythtv at keirstead.org
Wed Jun 16 09:02:46 EDT 2004

Sergio P. Cesar wrote:

>To randomize is great and may help to spread the load on a particular pipe
>but eventually it will fill up.
>Perhaps we can use the kazaa idea and do a bit of distributed distribution
>of the updates by creating a few mirrors around the world.
>
>I am willing to setup a mirror on one of my systems and allow upload of
>the database during the times my traffic load is low for a number of
>users. If a few of us that have a little bandwidth to spare can team up we
>may keep Zap2it happier longer.
>Not knowing how Zap2it works or who to contact there perhaps someone with
>that info can get us in touch.
>Sergio

I have a web hoster I use for my email, and i barely use any of my
available trasfer limit / month ( http://www.fuitadnet.com, I highly
reccomend them! ). Anyway point is I would be willing to set up a mythtv
vhost specifically for XMLTV mirroring, capped at  10 or 15 GB transfer
/ month ( I suspect that when you take into account compression that
could serve a large number of people ).