[mythtv-users] Recorded Programs Corrupted?

ggalt at comcast.net ggalt at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 16:47:32 EDT 2004

My wife and I sat down last night to watch a little prerecorded programming.  I navigated over to the "watch recordings" button and when the screen came up, it listed no recordings available.  I've checked the /video/recordings directory and the files are there.  I've check the mythconverg database and the recorded table shows the recordings.

Checking this list I only found two other reports of this behavior.  In one instance the recommended course was to run the /contrib/myth.repairdatabase.pl file to rebuild the recorded database, which I did (though it was unnecessary as the .nuv files were already associated with titles and descriptions).  The other course suggested was to check oldrecorded for excessive NULLs, which I did (there weren't any, but I deleted a lot of the old rows anyway).

Neither solution worked.  I'm wondering if this has something to do with a recent conversion on my main mythtv box in preparation for deploying a separate frontend in the kitchen.  The myth log shows the following lines:

2004-06-15 20:14:40 Upgrading to schema version 1049 Running as a slave backend.
2004-06-15 20:14:51 mythbackend version: 0.15.20040525-1 www.mythtv.org
2004-06-15 20:14:51 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
2004-06-15 20:14:52 Connecting to master server: 192.168.0.80:6543
2004-06-15 20:14:52 Connected successfully Running as a slave backend.

While there is only one backend, it appears to mark itself as a slave and then connect to the master server (which is itsefl).  Any chance the access to the mythconverg database is getting lost in this?  I didn't have time to reset the main box back to using 127.0.01 last night to see if it cleared the problem, but if that is it, I'm stuck on how to set up the separate frontend.  Note, there was nothing unusual in the mysql logs.

Any other thoughts on this?  I'd hate to have to torch the database and reload the recorded information.

George