[mythtv-users] Re: VOB playback on a PVR-350

Steven White stevew at s2microsolutions.com
Thu Jun 17 00:07:23 EDT 2004

The uppermost right picture of this URL is exactly what I'm seeing on my
setup when I try to play back an anamorphic 2.35:1 dvd rip:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/anamorphic/anamorphic235demo.html

It seems to me like everything thinks my TV is 16:9 when it's really
4:3.  Does anyone have any idea on how to correct this?  I've already
tried "mplayer -aspect 4:3 %s", "mplayer -monitoraspect 4:3 %s",
"mplayer -aspect 16:9 %s", and "mplayer -monitoraspect 16:9 %s" with no
luck.  I have added the "DisplaySize" entry in my XF86Config already also.

Thanks,
Steve