[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback quality poll

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Thu Jun 17 06:26:13 EDT 2004

> Hardware:
> My frontend is an EPIA-M 10K (hw decoding enabled), backend is a
Celeron
> 1GHz with
> PVR-250 tuner-encoder. 100MB full-duplex ethernet in between. Im using
the
> EPIA s-video tv out.

Do you have a mythfrontend running on the backend Celeron box? If so,
how do recordings look on that? I have a PIII 500 backend and an M10K
frontend (running minimyth - http://linpvr.org), and I would say that
the S-Video out is pretty good. It's nowhere near as good as VGA to a PC
monitor, but I wouldn't expect it to be.

> Is someoune  achieving a mythtv playback substantially not
distinguishable
> from standard
> tv broadcast with hardware similar to mine?

It's tricky for me to compare it to standard TV, as I have a DVB-T card
in the backend, and my analogue signal is bad, so the picture's bound to
be a lot better with Myth.

Cheers,

Jon