[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback quality poll

Josh Burks jburks at mktinsights.com
Thu Jun 17 09:59:09 EDT 2004

Sorry, I don't have similar hardware, but I had a similar quality
complaint. I wasn't happy with the quality of liveTV or playback of
recordings through s-video. It was hard to correct the interlacing
problems, and small text (eg: a terminal or web browser) was nearly
impossible to read.

I picked up a VGA-to-Component video converter and I feed my TV a
component signal straight from my onboard intel 810 video. It's hard to
distinguish between MythTV and straight cable through the TV tuner.

Here's the link for my VGA converter:
http://www.smarthome.com/7743C.HTML

There's also this one, which alot of MythTV users seem to be using:
http://www.smarthome.com/77706.HTML

My System Specs:
1.7 GHz P4 on a MSI Micro-ATX Mobo
256 MB DDR