[mythtv-users] Re: Mythtv playback quality poll

resoli at tiscali.it resoli at tiscali.it
Thu Jun 17 10:16:27 EDT 2004

I'm aware of interlacing issues, but this does not explain bad quality
on standard vga output!
I think that, from a quality point of view, mpeg2 palyback at 720x576 should
be
hard to distinguish ,on a standard pc monitor, from original tv broadcast.

My tv has a scart RGB input, and i planned to build a converter from vga
to scart-rgb
(it's a simple circuit, you can find many of them on the internet).
Unfortunately, to use the coverter you have to set X modeline exactly to
match PAL (or NTSC) signal specification. This requires to put a dot clock
  (about 14Mhz ) lower than the minimum supported by the Epia graphic chipset.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Tiscali ADSL libera la velocita'!
Attiva Senza Canone entro il 21 giugno: navighi a 1,5 euro l'ora per i primi
3 mesi,se scegli il modem e' tuo in comodato gratuito e in piu' hai gratis
SuperMail per 12 mesi. Non aspettare, attivala subito!
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/prodotti/640Kbps/