[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport doesn't transcode entire movie

Chris Vargas ceenvee at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 13:14:24 EDT 2004

--- Timothy Weaver wrote:

> Also try appending the following boot options
> either in your lilo.conf or grub.conf
> (whichever you use)
>
> nolapic noapic acpi=off
>
> Just as a test.

I edited lilo.conf to add this line and ran lilo (is
this sufficient for changes to take place, or do I
have to reboot?)

I encoded one half-hour successfully! Ah, but then it
conked out on me on my second attempt.

Just before it reported how long the encode lasted and
it said "Thanks for using nuvexport!", I happened to
be watching the processing frames line. It reported
something out of the ordinary. It was on screen for
too short a time for me to read, and then the screen
cleared. Is that text viewable somewhere in a log
file, or do I have to capture it myself?

Re: lm_sensors. Would love to use it, but from looking
at the Knoppmyth forum, it appears that it would be a
huge hassle to install it for the kernel I'm using. It
will apparently be included in the next Knoppmyth
release, though.

Thanks for the help.