[mythtv-users] Autologin with gdm

Josh Burks jburks at mktinsights.com
Fri Jun 18 09:32:31 EDT 2004

Steve,

First, on your graphical login greeter, do you have XFCE selected from
the "Sessions" button along the bottom, or is it set to default?. I run
Gentoo on my laptop and XFCE with gdm, and I think I had to follow
similar steps on first use.

Second, in my /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file I have (on my mythtv box, not
the laptop):

AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=mythtv

This should login you in automatically. Insert your mythtv user in
"AutomaticLogin="

Josh Burks