[mythtv-users] Dynamically mount ISO image of DVD

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 14:39:34 EDT 2004

Offtopic, but:

>Title says it all.  I have made copies of a couple DVDs my kids (and wife)
>watch all the time and because some of them have multiple languages or
>games you can play with the remote, I've made images of them rather than
>ripping just the movie.  My wife is also a french teacher and likes to
>watch movies in french, so I need english subtitles to figure out what is
>going on.  Ever try to watch Jean de Florette in french without
>subtitles?  Confusing at best to a non-french speaker.

If you rip into the OGM container format, you get support for subtitles and
DVD chapters. Unfortunately, I'm still doing this in windows since there
isn't a piece of Linux software that compares to VirtualDubMod and SubRip -
both of which, ironically, are GPL. Locked into Windows by FOSS - the irony!